Author : Amanda
Date : 2012-05-30

that I thought the price negttiaoed WAS for the thin ones, she said yea those thin ones might still be thick for your prescription, the ones that are $20 more are polycarbonate 1 which she says are thinner than regular polycarbonate, so I'm like whatever and I agree, my total was supposed to be $270, became $290 and now its $310, then I think since I'm spending this kind of dough I'd might as well get anti glare, now I know anti glare is just a simple coating on the lenses, probably costs them next to NOTHING to put it on, labor and materials, but they charge $80 for it, and I tell her to do it for $40 and I'll get it, she says $50, at at $45 we agree, so my total is $355!!! am I a moron? I don't like costco killing these private optometrists but damn $283 ->$355, thats not a small amount of money for me, my frames were Jhane Barnes, with the optometrist I get peace of mind knowing the frames are real as opposed to online, and I worry about the quality of costco lenses1) should I have gone with costco and the online shop instead?2) have you bought eyeglass lenses from costco? is the quality any different from your average optometrists lenses?3) is there different stages of thin lenses like Polycarbonate 1 being thinner than polycarbonate? or did she just make it up to boost the price 20 bucks?4) does the anti glare coating have any real value? this is a question that people who have worked for optometrists would know the real value of this coating, I'm betting even though its convenient and works great for people with glasses, the actual cost of doing it is nothing so its probably one of the most profitable things for an optometrists office charging $80 to coat lenses with anti glare, even at $45, did I get a fair price?she mentioned several times that she could get in trouble for giving me such a good deal and it almost made me want to laugh (not just because I didn't believe her), but I could have sat there and explained that I would have saved $85 if I walked away and went to costco.

Re: TYAQabaxUdVCYx  Amanda   2012-05-30 
  Re: TYAQabaxUdVCYx  Rute   2012-07-07 
  Re: TYAQabaxUdVCYx  Kamran   2012-07-08 
||  Response to this message ||   
 Your name :
 Your e-mail :
 Subject :
 Comments :